About the historic College Park neighborhood

You’ll find the downtown neighborhood of College Park about two miles northeast of Raleigh’s capitol building. (You’ve reached its beginning at North Tarboro St. and gone too far if you’re on North Raleigh Blvd.) Though small in comparison to the nearby neighborhoods of Oakwood and Mordecai, College Park’s 26 blocks are rich with local history and significance.

As its name suggests, College Park grew in part due to its proximity to Saint Augustine University (SAU). Founded in 1867, SAU is one of the oldest historically black colleges and universities (HBCU) in the country.

1. Transfer Co.

2. Crawford & Son.

3. Yellow Dog Bread

About the East College Park Development Project

The City of Raleigh is facilitating the development of 98 single-family homes and 51 townhome units in the established and historic neighborhood of College Park as part of the East College Park development project.

As part of the project, the City concluded Infrastructure enhancements prior to the launch of home construction, including updated water and sewer lines, storm drains, curb and gutter, and new street paving. Sidewalks are being added as new homes are built for improved walkability.

From the City of Raleigh: What Can We Expect for East College Park?

Of these single-family and townhome units, 60% are income-restricted homes with limits defined by HUD guidelines. The remaining 40% of the homes have no buyer income restriction.